Welcome to the McNair Elementary PTA Website
PTA Fund Utilization
- Ipads for Art department
- Laptop carts
- 6th grade graduation celebration
- Teacher Appreciation
PTA Welcome letter
September 29, 2015 Dear McNair Families: Welcome to the 2015-16 school year from the PTA president and Board members to all of our students, parents, teachers and administrators at McNair Elementary! The PTA once again has a large agenda and we need as much support from our parents and teachers as possible. We need volunteers for all of our events and activities so be on the lookout for our messages and communications to you. There are so many misunderstandings about joining the PTA. I’d like to take a moment to point out some myths so everyone can understand the importance of becoming a PTA member.
- Only Moms and Teachers need to join the PTA A strong PTA needs the support of parents, family members, teachers, school staff and community members. Anyone who cares about children belongs in the PTA!
- Joining the PTA means I have to volunteer The PTA appreciates everyone’s membership, whether or not a member volunteers. You will not be sucked into a black hole of volunteering!
- I have to be a Board Member or Chair a Committee to join the PTA Wrong! Your wonderful support will suffice!
- PTA membership never expires. I only have to join once Each new school year begins a new PTA membership year.
- I don’t have the time to join the PTA If you are unable to volunteer your time, please consider becoming a member and give your financial support. Your support helps fund events and activities for the children during the school year.
- I’ll get roped into volunteering if I attend a PTA meeting There will be opportunities to get involved, but no pressure. No judgement here!
- The PTA is only for stay-at-home-parents with nothing else to do Your fellow PTA members are family and community members who want to support the children and the school. Most members are juggling bills, household chores, kids, sports and homework, just like you!
- My child’s life will be the same whether or not I join the PTA Not only does membership put you in direct contact with other parents and teachers, it shows your child that you are interested and invested in their educational experience.
- The PTA has all the help they need The PTA always wants and always needs volunteers. If you choose to volunteer, you decide your time commitment!
- I have an idea but the PTA isn’t interested New ideas are always welcome! It’s important to keep your PTA fresh and exciting!
Chess Tournament Dates
- Saturday, October 3, 2015
- Saturday, November 14, 2015
- Saturday, December 5, 2015
- Saturday, January 9, 2016
- Saturday, February 6, 2016
- Saturday, February 20, 2016
- Saturday, April 9, 2016
- Saturday, May 14, 2016
- Saturday, June 11, 2016
|9:00 AM||9:00 AM|
When you shop at Smile.Amazon.com, Amazon gives a percentage of your purchase to the McNair PTA! Designate “McNair Elementary PTA” as your charity.
Click HERE for more. To select the charity, search for "Mcnair Elementary PTA". Designate “McNair Elementary PTA” as your charity to receive benefits!
2499 Thomas Jefferson Drive
Herndon, VA 20171
Visit school website
Principal: Mrs.Melissa Goddin
Asst. Principal:Mrs.Melissa Miller
Asst. Principal:Mrs.Heather Hitz
PTA Meeting Dates
|October 7, 2015||6:30 PM|
|November 4, 2015||10:00 AM|
|January 6, 2016||10:00 AM|
|February 3, 2016||6:30 PM|
|March 2, 2016||10:00 AM|
|April 6, 2016||6:30 PM|
|May 4, 2016||6:30 PM|